What is the Union Training Assistance Programme (UTAP)?
UTAP is a training benefit for NTUC members to defray their cost of training. This benefit is to encourage more NTUC members to go for skills upgrading.
NTUC members enjoy 50% unfunded** course fee support for up to $250 each year when you sign up for courses supported under UTAP. NTUC members aged 40 and above will get increased funding support from $250 to $500.
Here’s an example on how you can utilize UTAP:
WSQ Illustration and Graphics Design Using Mobile Apps – Level 2 by Genetic Computer School
Who can apply?
All NTUC members can apply for UTAP. However, the following criteria must be met to be eligible for UTAP:
- Paid-up union membership before course commencement, throughout whole course duration and at the point of claim
- Course by training provider must be supported under UTAP, and training must commence within the supported period
- Course must not be funded through company sponsorship or other types of funding
- Member must achieve a minimum of 75% attendance for each application and sat for all prescribed examination(s), if any
- UTAP application must be submitted within 6 months after course completion
Please refer to the attached UTAP Application Guide for members to apply UTAP via the U-Portal.
Should your participants have queries on the funding scheme, they can call NTUC Membership Hotline at 6213-8008.
Courses supported for UTAP funding:
- WSQ Productivity Improvement using Mobile Devices level 1
- WSQ Productivity Improvement using Mobile Devices level 2
- WSQ Illustration and Graphics Design using Mobile Apps – Level 2
- 2 days – Office 365 – Excel 2021 and Data Analytics – level 1
- 3 days – Office 365 – Advanced Excel 2021 and Data Analytics – level 2
- 2 days – Presentation Essentials
- WSQ Facebook and Instagram – Social Media Marketing
- WSQ WordPress Web Design and Content Management level 3
- WSQ Illustration using Drawing and Digital Design – level 3
- WSQ Photos Editing – level 3
- WSQ Design for Visual Collaterals – Level 3
Steps to apply for UTAP
Step 1: Go to http://skillsupgrade.ntuc.org.sg Click ‘Uportal’ to log in.
Step 2: Login to your U Portal account
Step 3: Choose either SingPass Mobile or Uportal Account to login.
Step 3a: Login via SingPass Mobile App
Step 3a: Login in with Uportal Account
Step 4: Click on e-Services, UTAP Application
Step 5: Click “Read More” to proceed
Step 6: Declare membership status before proceeding. Check on either box and click “Submit”. If non-member, you will be directed to membership sign up page.
Step 7: Fill in your course information
Step 8: Check that your particulars are correct
Step 9: Ensure your bank account information is correct. Click “Submit” once you have completed all compulsory fields.
Step 10: When you’re ready, click ‘Submit’