Renewal of Student’s Passes
The renewal application will be sent to the Immigrations Checkpoints Authority of Singapore (ICA) by Genetic Computer School on behalf of the student 1 week before the student pass expires.
The general processing time for the renewal of a student’s pass is 3 working days (excluding the day of submission and collection) upon the receipt of a duly completed application by ICA. Some applications may, however, take a longer time to process.
Transfer of Schools/Courses of Study
Applicants who wish to apply for a new Student’s Pass in order to take
up a different course or to study in a different PEI, are to submit an
application for the transfer of school/course of study at least 4 weeks before
the course begins.
In general, an application to transfer school/course would take about 3 working days to process (excluding the day of submission and collection) upon the receipt of a duly completed application by ICA. Nonetheless, some applications may require a longer time to process.
Cancellation of Student Pass
Foreign students are required to surrender their Student’s Pass cards
for cancellation within 7 days from the date of cessation or termination of
With effect from 3 Nov 2008, student/school can now submit an application of Student’s Pass cancellation online via a new e-service, namely e-Cancellation (the module can be accessed via SOLAR+).
For those who are unable to do the cancellation online may submit the following documents to the Student’s Pass Unit, anytime from Monday to Friday (8am to 4.30pm), Saturday (8am to 12.30pm) by obtaining a queue ticket at the Self Service Kiosk 1 at Visitor Services Centre, 4th Storey ICA Building, with the following documents:
- A duly completed cancellation form;
- Student’s valid travel document;
- The Student’s Pass Card;
- Student’s Visit Pass and Disembarkation/Embarkation Card; and
- A duly completed Disembarkation/Embarkation Card (IMM Form 27A), where applicable (will be provided at ICA counters).
Change of Local Address
According to the Immigration Regulations 19(3)(b), the foreign student is required to report any changes in his/her address in Singapore within 14 days of such change.
The student who wishes to report the change of his/her local address is required to submit his/her request via e-Update of Address.
Schools can now login to SOLAR+ to report any changes in the student’s address. An acknowledgment will be sent within minutes if the report is successfully registered by the system.
Alternatively, the student may also deposit the ‘Change of Address’ form into the drop-box located at the Student’s Pass Unit near Counter 19. It will take 2 weeks to process the application and the student will be informed of the outcome by post.
Replacement of Loss of Student Pass
Foreign students who have lost their Student’s Pass and/or the Visit Pass and Disembarkation / Embarkation cards are required to apply for a replacement within 7 days from the date of loss.
The students may call in person at ICA Student’s Pass Unit, anytime from Monday to Friday (8 am to 4.30pm), Saturday (8 am to 12.30pm) by obtaining a queue ticket at the Self Service Kiosk at Visitor Services Centre, 4th Storey ICA Building, with the following documents:
- Valid travel document and a photocopy of the personal biodata page;
- A letter from the school stating that the applicant is currently a registered student of the school;
- Duly completed eForm 16 and signed by the applicant; and
- Original copy of the Police report
The processing time for first time replacement of lost cards is 2 weeks while the processing time for second or subsequent losses is 4 weeks.
Other Important Information
For the application of a Student’s Pass, an applicant must be accepted into an approved full-time course. An applicant who wishes to take up a part-time course or a course conducted in the evening or weekend will NOT be eligible for a Student’s Pass.
- The applicant and school will have to furnish additional documents and information whenever necessary.
- Official/Notarised translation of the documents is required if they are not in the English language.
- All forms are to be duly completed and signed by the applicant and the school. No part of the form should be left blank or incomplete. If any section or part of the form is not applicable, it should be filled as ‘Nil’ or ‘Not applicable (N.A.). Applications with incomplete forms or documents will NOT be accepted for processing.
- The applicant has to call in person with a valid immigration pass to collect the Student’s Pass only after the application has been approved. The Student’s Pass will only be issued if the conditions as stipulated in the In-Principle Approval letter, are fulfilled.
- The student shall not enter or be retained as a student in any other school or course other than that indicated on the Student’s Pass.
- ICA may share your personal information with other government agencies to process any applications you have made or to render you a service, so as to serve you in a most efficient and effective way unless such sharing is prohibited by legislation.
- ICA reserves the right to verify the authenticity of the documents submitted in the application with the relevant issuing authorities or through the affiliated government agencies.
For detail information, please visit www.ica.gov.sg .