- The Manager of Admin/SAE will assist the students in processing the Course Withdrawal.
- The course withdrawal is subject to the review and approval from the Principal. The maximum processing time for course withdrawal will not be more than 4 weeks from the point of student’s request to informing the students of the outcome in writing.
- For students below the age of 18, GCS will seek the approval from the students’ parents/guardians before proceeding with the course withdrawal request.
- All request for course withdrawal should be in writing and be accompanied with a “Course Withdrawal Form”. Students should download the form from the website or request it from the Manager of Admin/SAE.
- Manager of Admin will verify the completed/filled form and arrange meeting with the students within 3 working days for counselling and/or exit interview.
- A refund will be processed (if any) within 7 working days and shall be in accordance with the refund policy.
- “Withdrawal” means the student discontinues all courses in Genetic Computer School, the contract is terminated and the student is no longer a student of the school.
1.Withdrawal due to non-delivery of the course
a) GCS will notify the student within three (3) working days upon knowing any of the following:
i. it does not commence the course on the Course Commencement Date;
ii. it terminates the course before the Course Commencement Date;
iii. it does not complete the course by the Course Completion Date;
iv. it terminates the course before the Course Completion Date;
v. it has not ensured that the student meets the course entry or matriculation requirement as set by the organisation stated in Schedule A of the Student Contract within any stipulated timeline set by CPE; or
vi. the student’s Student Pass application is rejected by the Immigration and Checkpoints Authority (ICA).
(b) The student will be informed in writing of alternative study arrangements, if any, and also be entitled to a refund of the entire Course Fees and Miscellaneous Fees already paid should the student decide to withdraw, within seven (7) working days of the above notice.
(c) If the course cancelled by GCS, the students may:
i. Defer the course to the next intake at no extra charges (Waive Deferment Application Fee); or
ii. Withdraw from the course and obtain a 100% refund of all course fees paid.
2. Withdrawal due to other reasons
(a) If the student withdraws from the Course for any reason other than those stated in Clause 2.1 of the Student Contract, GCS will, within seven (7) working days of receiving the student’s written notice of withdrawal, refund to the student an amount based on the table in Schedule D – Student Contract.
3. When the course withdrawal is approved, the student contract will be terminated and the FPS provider – Lonpac Insurance Bhd will be informed within three (3) working days and the student will need to return the student pass.
4. For refunds on withdrawn course, refer to the Refund Policy and Procedures.
Course Withdrawal Procedure
Step 1 – Student
- Complete the Course Withdrawal Form and submit to Manager of Admin/Student Admin Executive (SAE).
Step 2 – Manager of Admin/SAE
- Verify the completed form and arrange meeting with the student within 3 working days for counselling and/or exit interview.
Step 3 – Manager of Admin/SAE & Student Support Services
- Conduct counselling to retain students or exit interview for the student who decided to withdraw from the course.
Step 4 – Principal
- Manager of Admin/SAE submit the Course Withdrawal Form to the Principal for review and approval or any other actions.
Step 5 – Manager of Admin/SAE and Student
•Manager of Admin/SAE inform the student of the status of the withdrawal application.
•Issue past attendance and exam results to the students.
Step 6 – Head of Admin or Manager of Admin/SAE
- If qualify for Refund (Yes)
– Head of Admin refund fees to students within 7 working days in accordance with the refund policy
- If does not qualify for Refund (No)
– SAE cancel current Student’s Pass and terminate Student Contract
Step 7 – Head of Admin
- Update student’s file
- Login to Lonpac and cancel proposal
- Inform ICA (Student Pass Cancellation) and any other relevant parties within 3 working days