What is SkillsFuture?
SkillsFuture is a national movement to provide Singaporeans with the opportunities to develop their fullest potential throughout life, regardless of their starting points.
Through this movement, the skills, passion and contributions of every individual will drive Singapore’s next phase of development towards an advanced economy and inclusive society.
Who is SkillsFuture for?
Everyone is part of Singapore’s SkillsFuture journey. The choices you make or guide others to make in education, jobs or careers should lead to opportunities to maximize one’s potential and develop a mastery of skills.
To meet challenges and achieve success, chart your own paths through lifelong learning and skills mastery. Every Singaporean, every job, at every stage of life, counts.
Four Key Thrusts:
- Help individuals make well-informed choices in education, training and careers
- Develop an integrated high-quality system of education and training that responds to constantly evolving needs
- Promote employer recognition and career development based on skills and mastery
- Foster a culture that supports and celebrates lifelong learning
For more information on SkillsFuture please click the given link
What is it?
Opening SkillsFuture Credit of $500
SkillsFuture Credit aims to encourage individuals to take ownership of their skills development and lifelong learning. Introduced in 2015, all Singaporeans aged 25 and above will receive an opening credit of S$500.
One-Off SkillsFuture Credit Top-Up
To further encourage Singaporeans to take timely action to reskill and upskill to seize opportunities in the future economy, a one-off SkillsFuture Credit top-up of $500 was provided to every Singapore Citizen aged 25 years and above as at 31 December 2020.
The top-up can be used on all SkillsFuture Credit-eligible courses, and will expire on 31 Dec 2025.
Additional SkillsFuture Credit (Mid-Career Support)
To improve individuals’ access to career transition programmes, a one-off SkillsFuture Credit of $500 was provided to every Singapore Citizen (SC) aged 40 to 60 (inclusive) as at 31 December 2020. This was in addition to the one-off $500 SkillsFuture Credit top-up for SCs aged 25 and above as at 31 December 2020.
Eligible individuals can use the Additional SkillsFuture Credit (Mid-Career Support) on (i) SGUnited Skills Programme, (ii) SGUnited Mid-Career Pathways Programme – Company Training, and (iii) SkillsFuture Career Transition Programmes.
From 1 June 2022, the courses eligible for Additional SkillsFuture Credit (Mid-Career Support) will be expanded to include:
- Courses delivered by SSG-appointed CET centres
- Courses that fulfil training requirements for Progressive Wage Model sectors
- Full qualifications programme delivered by Institutes of Higher Learnings
The course coverage is expanded to align with the SkillsFuture Mid-Career Support Package to provide mature workers with reskilling and upskilling opportunities to remain relevant and competitive. This will also provide individuals with more course options to pivot to different sectors or job roles.
The $500 Additional SkillsFuture Credit (Mid-Career Support) will expire on 31 Dec 2025.
What can you use it for?
SkillsFuture Credit can be used on top of existing government course subsidies to pay for a wide range of approved skills-related courses. You can use it on the following:
- Courses subsidized or approved by SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG) including online courses.
- Selected courses offered by Ministry of Education (MOE)-funded institutions*.
- Courses supported by public agencies.
- SkillsFuture@PA courses offered by the People’s Association, courses offered by the Infocommunications Media Development Authority of Singapore (IMDA)’s Silver Infocomm Junctions and selected courses under National Silver Academy.
* Institute of Technical Education, polytechnics, autonomous universities, LASALLE College of the Arts and Nanyang Academy of Fine Arts
How do I use it?
SkillsFuture Credit is your property protect it from misuse!
Some tips for usage of SkillsFuture Credit:
- Never share your SingpassID and password with anyone for credit claims
- Do not be swayed by freebies or lucky draws when considering a course
- Do not exchange your SkillsFuture Credit for cash, vouchers or other gifts
- Be wary of people telling you to use your CREDIT ASAP
For more information on SkillsFuture Credit click the given link https://www.skillsfuture.gov.sg/credit