Refunds for Withdrawal will be affected due to the following reasons:
- Non-delivery of Course:
(a) GCS will notify the student within three (3) working days upon
knowing any of the following:
i. it does not commence the course on the Course Commencement Date;
ii. it terminates the course before the Course Commencement Date;
iii. it does not complete the course by the Course Completion Date;
iv. it terminates the course before the Course Completion Date;
v. it has not ensured that the student meets the course entry or matriculation requirement as set by the organisation stated in Schedule A of the Student Contract within any stipulated timeline set by CPE; or
vi. the student’s Student Pass application is rejected by the Immigration and Checkpoints Authority (ICA).
(b) The student will be informed in writing of the alternative study arrangements (if any), and also be entitled to a refund of the entire Course Fees and Miscellaneous already paid should the student decide to withdraw, within seven (7) working days of the above
- Due to other reasons
(a) If the student withdraws from the course for any reason other than those stated in the “Non-delivery of the course”, GCS will, within seven (7) working days of receiving the student’s written notice of withdrawal, refund to the student an amount based on Refund Table below:
(b) Refund during Cooling-off Period: GCS will provide the student with a cooling-off period of seven (7) working days after the date that the contract has been signed by both parties.
(c) The student will be refunded the highest percentage (as stated in Refund Table above) of the fees already paid if the student submits a written notice of withdrawal to GCS within the cooling-off period, regardless of whether the student has started the course or not.
Important notes on Refund (For Student Information)
- Students submit Refund Request Form to either:
(a) SRM Team (before the course commencement or within 7 days cooling-off period) or
(b) SAE (after the course commencement) together with the following documents:
(i) Course Withdrawal Form
(ii) Original Receipts
(iii) Declaration of Lost of Receipts Form (if applicable)
- The student will undergo counselling, also inform him/her of the fees which will be deducted from the course fee payment, review the case and evaluate whether the student is eligible for refund according to the refund policy, carry out the calculation and ensure all the information is filled appropriately and all required documents are submitted as per stated in section (1).
- Upon approval of the refund amount by the HoFHR, the SAE will collect the cheque and payment voucher for the student. If bank transfer is made, the student will be informed via email or call that refund has been made and must acknowledge through email that the refund is credited to the bank account.
- For cheque collection, the student will also be informed by SAE.
- All refunds shall be made within (7) days upon receipt of the request.
Student can seek advice concerning Refund, Withdrawal, Transfer and Deferment from the
Contact Person: Ms Linda – email@example.com