- The Manager of Admin/SAE will assist the students in processing the Course Transfer.
- The course transfer is subject to the review and approval from the Principal. The maximum processing time for course transfer will not be more than 4 weeks from the point of student’s request to informing the students of the outcome in writing.
- For students below the age of 18, GCS will seek the approval from the students’ parents/guardians before proceeding with the course transfer request.
- All request for course transfer should be in writing and be accompanied with a “Course Transfer Form”. Students should download the form from the website or request it from the Manager of Admin/SAE.
- Manager of Admin will verify the completed/filled form and arrange meeting with the students within 3 working days for counselling.
- A refund will be processed (if any) within 7 working days and shall be in accordance with the refund policy.
- “Transfer” means the student changes the course or period of study (from full-time to part-time or vice versa) but remains as a student of GCS.
1. Conditions for Granting Course Transfer
(i) Transfer will only be allowed if the student fulfil the entry requirements of the course to transfer.
(ii) Students can transfer from diploma to certificate or another diploma/higher diploma but in different specializations.
(iii) Your transfer from the current course to another course shall be considered as having withdrawn from the current course. Refund policy shall then be applied as per stipulated in the Student Contract.
(iv) Unconsumed fees (if any) which are processed during refund will be transferred to the new course and student will need to pay the remaining amount of the new course.
(v) Any transfer requests must be submitted before the term/intake commencement. Submissions after term/intake start date will apply to the next term instead of the current one.
2. Course transfer is considered as a withdrawal from the current course (deemed withdrawn).
3. For any approved course transfer, any unconsumed fees from the current course is allowed to transfer to the new course with the following conditions:
(i) If the unconsumed course fees are more than the fee payable for the new course, the fees will not be refunded.
(ii) If the unconsumed course fees are less than the fee payable for the new course, the student has to pay the difference.