I. The definition of transfer is when a student changes the course or period of study (from full-time to part-time or vice versa) but remains as a student of the school.
II. Transfer will only be allowed if the student fulfill the entry requirements of the course to transfer.
III. Student can transfer from diploma to certificate or another diploma/higher diploma but different specialization.
IV. Student transfer from the current course to another course shall be considered as having withdrawn from the current course.
V. Unconsumed fees (if any) will be transferred for the new course and student will need to pay the remaining amount of the new course
VI. Any transfer requests must be submitted before the term/intake commencement. Submissions after new course term/intake start date will apply to the next term instead of the current one.
VII. Conditions for granting the transfer:
I. All outstanding fees must be settled prior to request.
II. Student must fulfil the admission criteria of the new course and will be subjected to the School’s student selection and admission procedures.
VIII. For international students, the course transfer is subjected to ICA’s approval of the new Student’s Pass. ICA will be informed through the application of the new Student’s Pass.
IX. A student who transfers within the School must have their existing contract terminated. A new Student Contract will be signed based on the procedures for executing student contracts.
Students who wish to transfer are required to submit their request for transfer using the Course Transfer/Withdrawal Form. For students under 18 years of age, the parent/guardian must approve and endorse the Transfer Application form.
Upon receiving the transfer application, Operations/Admin Department will process the transfer request within 4 weeks from the point of the student’s request to inform the student of the outcome in writing and conduct interview/counselling to:
• Understand the reason(s) for the transfer application
• Inform the student of the processing time within 4 weeks from the point of the student’s request to informing the student of the outcome in writing
• Explain to the student that the parent/legal guardian’s written consent is required if he/she is under 18 years of age
• Explain to the student that the transfer application is subject to ICA approval (for student pass holders)
• Explain to the student the difference in the course fee and entry requirements and refund (if applicable)
• Inform the student of the difference in the protection amount, period of coverage and FPS premium due if the premium is borne by the student
• Explain to the student that signing a new contract or issuing an addendum to the existing contract when a course transfer request has been approved.
The Operations/Admin Department will then proceed with the transfer as follows:
• Student must meet all minimum entry requirement of the new course they wish to transfer to.
• The standard Student Contract of the current course will be voided upon approval of the course transfer.
• A new standard student contract or addendum for the new course will need to be signed upon approval of the course transfer.
• All outstanding fees must be paid.
• GCS will conduct interview/counselling session with student/parents
• Verify and confirm that the parent/legal guardian’s written consent has been given if he/she is under 18 years of age
• Submit an application to ICA for the course transfer (for STP Holders)
• Inform Lonpac Insurance Bhd of the course transfer and changes to the student’s Fee Protection Status
• Head of Admin to Work out the difference in the course fee
• Issue a formal letter of Reject to the student/parent if the transfer application is not approved
• Issue a formal letter to the student/parent if the transfer is approved
• Conduct pre-course counselling to ensure that the student/parent has been informed of the crucial information of the new course
• Update Lonpac Insurance Bhd on the course transfer such as Course Name, Course Duration, Course Fee, and protection amount if there is a difference
• Update the status of the student transfer in the AIMS System and Transfer record