- The Manager of Admin/SAE will assist the students in processing the Course Deferment.
- The course transfer is subject to the review and approval from the Principal. The maximum processing time for course deferment will not be more than 4 weeks from the point of student’s request to informing the students of the outcome in writing.
- For students below the age of 18, GCS will seek the approval from the students’ parents/guardians before proceeding with the course deferment request.
- All request for course deferment should be in writing and be accompanied with a “Course Deferment Form”. Students should download the form from the website or request it from the Manager of Admin/SAE.
- Manager of Admin will verify the completed/filled form, the relevant documentary evidence and arrange meeting with the students within 3 working days.
- A refund will be processed (if any) within 7 working days and shall be in accordance with the refund policy.
- “Deferment” means the student delays or postpone the course (or module).
1. Grounds of Deferment are the following but are not limited to:
(case by case basis as per evaluated by the Principal)
(a) if the student is ill and is supported with a medical certificate issued by a recognized clinic/principal.
(b) events/circumstances which are beyond the schools/students control such as:
(i) bereavement of direct family members
(ii) natural disaster
(iii) work commitments (if any)
(c) the course have not commence yet.
2. The requests of deferment is not automatically granted unless approved by the Principal as the Chairman of BoA and approval of deferment does not guarantee the relevant course/modules to be run upon your return.
3. No deferment will be considered when the course already commences. It shall be considered as deemed withdrawn from the current course. (Refer to Course Withdrawal Policy).
4. The maximum deferment period is 6 months but subject to review and approval by the Principal.
5. If the student’s deferment request is approved, the student will need to withdraw from the current course intake and then a new student contract will be signed for the deferment period intake (other procedures shall follow like FPS and etc.)
6. If the student failed to return on the approved deferred period, it shall be considered as deemed automatic withdrawal from the course.
Course Deferment Procedure
Step 1 – Student
Complete the Course Deferment Form and submit to Manager of Admin/Student Admin Executive (SAE).
Step 2 – Manager of Admin/SAE and Student
Manager of Admin/SAE verify the completed form and the attached documentary evidence received from the students
Manager of Admin/SAE submit course deferment and documentary evidences form to Principal
Step 3 – Principal
Principal review, approve and/or reject the submitted request of deferment by the student
Step 4 – Manager of Admin/SAE and Student
Manager of Admin/SAE inform the student of the status of the course deferment request
Step 5 – Head of Admin or SAE
If qualify for Refund (Yes)
– Manager of Admin/SAE/Head of Admin login to Lonpac and cancel the proposal
– Head of Admin refund fees to students within 7 working days in accordance with the refund policy
If does not qualify for Refund (No)
– Manager of Admin/SAE terminate existing student contract
Step 6 – Head of Admin
Update student’s file §Inform ICA or any other relevant parties within 3 working days
Step 7 – Student and Student Recruitment Marketing
Student has to proceed to a new course of study application