- Grounds of Deferment are the following but are not limited to: (case by case basis as per evaluated by the Principal)
(a) if the student is ill and is supported with a medical certificate issued by a recognized clinic/principal.
(b) events/circumstances which are beyond the schools/students control such as:
(i) bereavement of direct family members
(ii) natural disaster
(iii) work commitments (if any)
(c) the course have not commence yet.
- The requests of deferment is not automatically granted unless approved by the Principal as the Chairman of BoA and approval of deferment does not guarantee the relevant course/modules to be run upon your return.
- No deferment will be considered when the course already commences. It shall be considered as deemed withdrawn from the current course. (Refer to Course Withdrawal Policy).
- The maximum deferment period is 6 months but subject to review and approval by the Principal.
- If the student’s deferment request is approved, the student will need to withdraw from the current course intake and then a new student contract will be signed for the deferment period intake (other procedures shall follow like FPS and etc.)
- If the student failed to return on the approved deferred period, it shall be considered as deemed automatic withdrawal from the course.
Important notes on Course Deferment (For Student Information)
- Fill up the Course Deferment Form and submit to Student Admin Executive.
- SAE will verify the completed form and the relevant documentary evidences submitted.
- A refund will be processed (if any) within 7 working days and shall be in accordance with the refund policy.
- The maximum processing time for course deferment will be not more than 4 weeks from the point of student’s request to informing the students of the outcome in writing.