- The Manager of Admin/SAE will assist the students in processing the Course Deferment.
- The course deferment is subject to the review and approval from the Principal. The maximum processing time for course deferment will not be more than 4 weeks from the point of student’s request to informing the students of the outcome in writing.
- For students below the age of 18, GCS will seek the approval from the students’ parents/guardians before proceeding with the course deferment request.
- All request for course deferment should be in writing and be accompanied with a “Course Deferment Form”. Students should download the form from the website or request it from the Manager of Admin/SAE.
- Manager of Admin will verify the completed/filled form, the relevant documentary evidence and arrange meeting with the students within 3 working days.
- A refund will be processed (if any) within 7 working days and shall be in accordance with the refund policy.
- “Deferment” means the student delays or postpone the course (or module).
1. Grounds of Deferment include (but are not limited to) the following:
(case by case basis as per evaluated by the Principal)
(a) if the student is ill and is supported with a medical certificate issued by a recognized clinic/hospital.
(b) events/circumstances which are beyond the schools/students control such as:
(i) bereavement of direct family members
(ii) natural disaster
(iii) work commitments (if any)
(c) the course have not commence yet.
2. The Requests for deferment are not automatically granted unless approved by the Principal as the Chairman of BoA and approval of deferment does not guarantee the relevant course/modules to run upon your return.
3. No deferment will be considered when the course already commences. It shall be considered as deemed withdrawn from the current course. (Refer to Course Withdrawal Policy).
4. The maximum deferment period is 6 months but subject to review and approval by the Principal.
5. If the student’s deferment request is approved, the student will need to withdraw from the current course intake and then a new student contract will be signed for the deferment period intake (other procedures shall follow like FPS and etc.)
6. If the student failed to return on the approved deferred period, it shall be considered as deemed automatic withdrawal from the course.