1. The grounds in which the students can lodge for an appeal are:
(a) that the student believes that an error has occurred in the calculation of the marks;
(b) that the assessment decision is inconsistent with the published assessment requirements or assessment criteria; and
(c) that the student believes that the decision on examination misconduct is inconsistent with the policy, or there is a denial of natural justice, or the penalty is excessive, or there were new evidence that is not available at the time of decision.
2.The following are not accepted as grounds for an appeal:
(a) The close proximity of the result to another level of grade; comparison with the performance of another student or students;
(b) The student’s belief that the result does not commensurate with his effort;
(c) Issues relating to the permanent residency status or potential status of the student;
(d) The visa status of the student;
(e) Financial difficulties experienced by the student; and
(f) Issues relating to the employment prospects of the student.
3. Students can only appeal on the assessment results within fourteen (14) working days after the date of release.
4. Decisions on the appeal will be communicated to the students within fourteen (14) working days after the date of lodging the appeal.
5. Appeal procedure are communicated to the students in the Website, Student Handbook, during Orientation and by the Manager of Admin/SAE.
6. All appeals are processed by the Manager of Admin/SAE and these will be submitted to the Teaching and Learning Committee(TLC), which is a sub-committee of Board of Examiners and Board of Academics.
7. Any decisions made by the TLC on appeals from the students will be endorsed to the Board of Examiners for final review and approval.
8. Final decisions on appeal will be communicated to the students by the Manager of Admin/SAE within fourteen (14) working days after the date of lodging the appeal.
Step 1: Student
•Lodge an appeal and completes the Student Appeal Form
•Pays the Appeal Fee
Step 2: Manager of Admin/SAE
•Verifies the grounds of student’s appeal and process the appeal request of the students •Submit all appeal cases to the Teaching and Learning Committee (TLC)
Step 3: Teaching and Learning Committee (TLC)
•Reviews all the appeal cases and recommends decisions. Endorsed all decisions to BoE
Step 4: Board of Examiners (BoE)
•Reviews and approves all the endorsed decision from TLC on appeal cases. Secretary to the BoE informs the Manager of Admin/SAE of all appeal decisions
Step 5: Manager of Admin/SAE
•Notifies the student of the appeal decision
Step 6: Student
•Acknowledge the appeal decision of the Board of Examiners