- The grounds in which the students can lodge for an appeal are:
(a) that the student believes that an error has occurred in the calculation of the marks.
(b) that the assessment decision is inconsistent with the
published assessment requirements or assessment criteria; and
(c) that the student believes that the decision on examination misconduct is inconsistent with the policy, or there is a denial of natural justice, or the penalty is excessive, or there were new evidence that is not available at the time of decision.
2. The following grounds are not accepted as grounds for an appeal:
(a) the close proximity of the result to another level of grade; comparison with the performance of another student or students;
(b) the student’s belief that the result does not commensurate with his effort;
(c) issues relating to the permanent residency status or potential status of the student;
(d) the visa status of the student;
(e) financial difficulties experienced by the student; and
(f) issues relating to the employment prospects of the student
3. Students can only appeal on the results within fourteen (14) days after the date of release.
4. Decisions on the appeal will be communicated to the students within fourteen (14) working.
Important notes on Appeal (For Student Information)
- The student must fill-up the Student Appeal Form and submit to Student Admin Executive. SAE will verify if the appeal is valid or within the grounds.
- Student must submit the Student Appeal Form within (14) working days after the release of the results.
- Students will be informed in writing the decision of the appeal case within (14) working days after the lodging of the appeal and/or receipt of the appeal form.